Website Toronto Hydro
Business Continuity Management Consultant, Grid Emergency ManagementReporting to the Manager, Grid Emergency Management, this incumbent will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining components of an all hazards emergency preparedness program including structures, governance, processes, models, methods, measures and tools to enable effective preparedness, response and recovery of a major event.
- Working with and influencing Business Units and external agencies to support development and sustainment of incident management plans/programs/strategies that are aligned with corporate emergency preparedness programs.
- Planning, developing and delivering a comprehensive training and exercise program to develop capabilities of all Toronto Hydro staff and to test effectiveness of emergency preparedness programs.
- Assessing the effectiveness of emergency preparedness programs, developing plans to close gaps and improve alignment with industry best practices, and reporting on program maturity to Senior Management.
- Providing 24/7 coverage standby coverage (as required) to support the incident Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) and act as after-hours Toronto Hydro’s liaison with the City’s Office of Emergency Management.
- Playing an active leadership role representing Toronto Hydro on industry committees and working groups pertaining to emergency management, such as the CEA Mutual Aid working group and the North Atlantic Mutual Assistance Group.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in emergency management, science, business or engineering.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) or Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience developing organizational emergency management and business continuity programs, organizational change management or electric utility operations.
- Knowledge of Ontario electrical distribution utilities, including the operational, political and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of relevant emergency management/preparedness legislation, regulations and standards.
- Strong research, analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to develop and recommend resolutions to complex problems and contentious issues.
- Ability to work under stress during emergencies.
- Available to be on-call during emergencies and provide after-hours standby support.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with management and staff at all levels (internal and external) to identify and analyze key issues and develop appropriate solutions.
- Highly developed influence and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable dealing with the general public and communicating in front of large audiences.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.fitzii.com/job/14989?s=fc →