The Business Continuity Management (BCM) Consultant is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and overall operation of the emergency preparedness framework which includes grid emergency management, corporate emergency management and business continuity planning. The BCM Consultant will partner with business units and key internal/external stakeholders (including the City of Toronto Office of Emergency Management and Emergency Management Ontario), to develop, maintain and implement emergency preparedness systems and programs to ensure the Corporation can respond quickly and effectively to any emergency situation that may affect operations, employees and/or services to our customers. Working within the Distribution Grid Operations & Emergency Management area, the incumbent will support and collaborate with a wide range of operational and corporate business units to ensure emergency management principles are appropriately integrated into Toronto Hydro’s strategy and risk, planning and governance framework and an emergency preparedness and resiliency culture is developed throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain components of an all hazards emergency preparedness program including structures, governance, processes, models, methods, measures and tools to enable effective preparedness, response and recovery of a major event.
- Work with and influence Business Units and external agencies to support development and sustainment of incident management plans/programs/strategies that are aligned with corporate emergency preparedness programs.
- Plan, develop and deliver a comprehensive training and exercise program to develop capabilities of all Toronto Hydro staff and to test effectiveness of emergency preparedness programs.
- Assess the effectiveness of emergency preparedness programs, develop plans to close gaps and improve alignment with industry best practices, and report on program maturity to Senior Management.
- Provide 24/7 coverage standby coverage (as required) to support the incident Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) and act as after-hours Toronto Hydro’s liaison with the City’s Office of Emergency Management.
- Play an active leadership role representing Toronto Hydro on industry committees and working groups pertaining to emergency management, such as the CEA Mutual Aid working group and the North Atlantic Mutual Assistance Group.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in emergency management, science, business or engineering.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) or Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience developing organizational emergency management and business continuity programs, organizational change management or electric utility operations.
- Knowledge of Ontario electrical distribution utilities, including the operational, political and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of relevant emergency management/preparedness legislation, regulations and standards.
- Strong research, analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to develop and recommend resolutions to complex problems and contentious issues.
- Ability to work under stress during emergencies.
- Available to be on-call during emergencies and provide after-hours standby support.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with management and staff at all levels (internal and external) to identify and analyze key issues and develop appropriate solutions.
- Highly developed influence and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable dealing with the general public and communicating in front of large audiences.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.torontohydro.com.