If you are eager to work in a team based organization that expects employees to exercise critical thinking, make reasonable decisions and build organizational capabilities, then you are who we are looking for.
The CEMC facilitates a culture where accountability, initiative, innovation, integrity and communication are valued. The CEMC provides Emergency Management Services to Perth County and its member municipalities in accordance with the provincially mandated risk based principals of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Post-secondary education in Emergency Management, Public Administration, Business Continuity or a related discipline, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Five years of direct, relevant work experience
- Related Provincial certificates in Emergency Management
- Extensive knowledge of the Emergency Management & Civil Protection Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and related Legislation and Regulations, business continuity practices, municipal government operations
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver public presentations and effective training programs
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior staff, elected officials, partnered agencies and the public, and to make effective decisions in stressful situations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organization, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to examine and reorganize operations and procedures, formulate policy, develop and implement new strategies and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and emergency management programs
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, with satisfactory driving record
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required
Qualified individuals may submit their application (as one PDF document) by Friday April 26, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
To apply for this job please visit careers.perthcounty.ca.