County of Essex
The Corporation of the County of Essex has an opening for a summer student in the Emergency Management Department.
The summer student Emergency Management Assistant will undertake a review of County and Municipal emergency management programs, hazard and high-risk analysis and critical infrastructure surveys and public awareness/education in accordance with requirements evolving from Provincial legislation, specifically the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. The student will also be involved and assist in Emergency Management training and exercises for the County of Essex and other municipalities as requested.
- Assist municipalities in the development, application and review of hazard analysis model/template and specific response plans.
- Assist in the identification of Municipal and County critical infrastructure.
- Assist in the ongoing implementation and mapping applications of the WebEOC
emergency information management software.
- Assist with exercise planning and implementation initiatives.
- Assist in the ongoing development of a County Emergency Management Public Awareness Program and projects, Emergency Management/Preparedness Week including use of social media tools, websites, access and links and training initiatives.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, Public Administration, Geography, Urban and Regional Planning, Health or Emergency Services or a related field is considered an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working proficiency in Windows XP/Windows 7, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access as well as proficiency with GIS mapping applications and Social Media tools such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Familiarity with Essex County.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
Must be returning to full-times studies in September 2018. Salary:
$15.79 per hour based on 32.5 hours per week.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at the Career Opportunities section of our website
at www.countyofessex.on.ca no later than March 16, 2018.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of this employment opportunity only.
The Corporation of the County of Essex supports diversity in the workplace. This position is open to individuals of all genders.
The County of Essex is pleased to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the recruitment and selection process.
This information can be made available in alternative formats upon request.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.countyofessex.on.ca/Login?ReturnUrl=/Job/Apply/18a572a3-a7cf-461a-a75f-a87400d8778b →