|At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two positions available:
· One permanent full time position, working 35 hours per week
· One temporary/contract position for up to 14 months, working 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Chief of Emergency Management, this position supports the Region’s Emergency Management and Business Continuity Program through research, analysis, and the development and execution of plans, policies, procedures and training related to emergency management and business continuity.
The ideal candidate will possess a Business related degree and education in business continuity management, emergency management and/or crisis/incident management. In addition, a minimum of a one-year diploma in Emergency Management is preferred. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business continuity and knowledge of Regional and Local Municipal operations is also required. Highly effective communication, collaboration and coordination skills are required to interact effectively with internal and external groups. Knowledge and application of related legislation such as Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act is required. Certification as a Business Continuity Professional and/or a Community Emergency Management Coordinator is an asset.
Must be available for emergency management standby and once engaged in an emergency must be available as required throughout the entire period of the emergency. Travel will be required; incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Lead and support the analysis, development and maintenance of emergency response and business continuity plans.
- Ensure emergency and business continuity plans remain current and incorporate current best practices.
- Develop and provide training, exercises and presentations on business continuity and emergency management.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with Regional staff in all departments, elected officials, Local Municipalities, Halton Regional Police Service, School Boards, Hospitals, other community agencies and the business sector.
- Participate on inter-agency working groups and committees.
- Assist the Region in meeting and exceeding the mandatory requirements of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
- Perform as the Alternate Community Emergency Management Coordinator (CEMC) and assist the Primary CEMC in meeting the responsibilities of the Halton Region CEMC, including:
o Make recommendations to key decision-makers including providing guidance and advice to the Chief Administrative Officer and Emergency Control Group when performing as the Alternate CEMC.
o Ensure that the Regional Emergency Operations Centre is prepared and appropriately activated.
o Ensure the Emergency Control Group follows emergency plans and procedures throughout the course of an emergency, tracks the Group’s decisions and ensures that those decisions are implemented when performing as the Alternate CEMC.
o Act as alternate liaison with local municipalities and the Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management
- Assist in the post-emergency analysis and makes recommendations to update the plans and procedures based on the actions that occur during an emergency situation.
- Research and maintain current knowledge of emergency management best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
July 22, 2019
|Posting Expires:||Posted until filled|
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.halton.ca.