Canadian Red Cross
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking an Emergency Management Coordinator.
As Emergency Management Coordinator you will report to the Regional Operations Manager, and play a key role in the communities’ emergency management responsibilities; don’t wait, apply today for this permanent full time position located in the Cochrane District Area.
What You’ll Love about Working at the CRC:
- A Great Company Culture: Everything we do is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity & universality
- Time to Rest & Relax: We have a generous vacation allowance on top of paid holidays, personal days & sick days
- Looking Ahead: We offer an excellent pension plan with company matching contributions
- Employee Benefits: We have a comprehensive benefit package offered to our eligible employees
- Engaging Work: The opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations
- Volunteer Resource Management- build volunteer leadership, onboard, orient, and manage the day to day relationship including health and safety awareness
- Emergency Preparedness and Response-coordinate, implement response planning within communities, respond in disaster situations and participate in the development and preparation of program objectives
- Relationship Building- build partnerships, collaborate, and liaison with key stakeholders including local and municipal governments, NGOs, police and fire departments as well as community leaders, adhere to the community agreements, coordinate and deliver personal preparedness presentations
- Media Relations-coordinate/participate in media relations, public speaking events
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the vulnerable in the community.
- Experience and training in media relations and public speaking.
- Previous experience working with volunteers is required.
- Demonstrated experience in development of plans and exercises.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with a background in program evaluation.
- Knowledge or emergency management.
- Valid driver’s license with willingness to travel within province. Ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Access to a vehicle is mandatory.
Your Education and Experience:
- University degree or community college diploma in one or more of the following disciplines; adult education, emergency management, administration, planning and evaluation or a related field.
- Three to six years experience at a community-based program level.
Your Assets to the Role:
- Ability to deploy within the province and/or Canada for a 2 to 3 week period, as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French are mandatory; BASED ON LOCATION.
Duties are principally conducted at the Office of the Canadian Red Cross. Periodic travel within Ontario will be required. While most of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable, field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts. The work can require irregular hours, including week-ends and holidays without notice especially in an emergency response situation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website. This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit www.redcross.ca.