The County of Dufferin sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area, about 100 kilometres northwest of Toronto. It is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, its rolling hills and its excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. The UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the Niagara Escarpment and the world famous Bruce Trail, run through Dufferin offering spectacular vistas and hiking opportunities. Home to over 56,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the activities of the County and/or Municipal Emergency Control Group in the event of an emergency;
- Deliver effective public education programs and initiatives related to Emergency Management
- Assist in the review of emergency plans and conduct research as required
- Assist with development, and implementation of new Emergency Management Notification
- Provide leadership, support and expertise in Emergency Management related issues;
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Community Emergency Management Coordinator
- Assist with the administration of the Department
- Currently enrolled in an Emergency Management, Public Administration or Government Relations Program at Community College or University
- A valid Ontario class “G” driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, as travel is required
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to develop and present workshops to various age groups.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, ie, Word, Excel
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- County of Dufferin Municipal Building, 55 Zina St., Orangeville.
- Other County of Dufferin locations as required.
The salary for this position is $16.10 per hour. Qualified student applicants may submit their resume and cover letter on or before February 2, 2018 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will receive a response. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection and will not be used for any other reason. The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org