Website National Research Council of Canada - Conseil national de recherches Canada
GREAT MINDS. ONE GOAL. CANADA'S SUCCESS.
Organizational Unit: Security Branch
Duration: 2 years
Language Requirements: Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada’s largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for an Emergency Management (EM) Officer to support our Security Branch. The Emergency Management Officer would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
The Emergency Management Officer (EMO) would support NRC Security Branch by building and maintaining strong business relationships and would serve as the subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders on Building Emergency Response Plans (BERP).
As the EMO you would ensure continuous alignment with TBS, Public Safety and other Federal and Provincial Emergency Management (EM) regulations or programs and perform proactive research and analysis to deliver advice and expertise on the interpretation and application of these regulations.
Supporting the Program Coordinator for NRC’s Emergency Management Program, the EMO is responsible for identifying and managing equipment, communication plans to strengthen NRC’s capability to respond to emergency incidents/events.
As the EMO you would also be reviewing and/or developing Building Emergency Response Plans (BERP) as well as conducting evaluations and validation of local Emergency Management (EM) plans. The EMO would also develop testing/exercise schedules and identify EM training needs in order to develop and deliver these required skills to personnel.
- Significant experience providing sound advice to clients of varying levels on Emergency Management.
- Significant experience working with planning and developing programs on Emergency Management.
- Experience performing research and analysis and providing client services in a government or security environment.
- Experience performing presentations/training would be an asset.
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the Public Safety requirements and emergency management program management in a Government of Canada context.
- Knowledge of Government of Canada event management systems, procedures, communications and protocols.
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret relevant government legislations.
- Significant knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Management services – Communication (Level 3)
- Management services – Initiative (Level 2)
- Management services – Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 3)
- Management services – Results orientation (Level 3)
- Management services – Teamwork (Level 2)
- Management services – Client focus (Level 3)
To apply for this job please visit recruitment-recrutement.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca.