Scarborough Health Network
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager of Privacy and Risk Management, the Emergency Preparedness Specialist is responsible for building organizational resiliency against emergencies and disasters. This is done through developing, promoting (including education and training), and managing the Scarborough Health Network’s emergency preparedness and business continuity programs, including but not limited to the hospital pandemic planning, hospital hazmat response team, as well as support for diverse and comprehensive departmental emergency plans.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Undergraduate Degree in Healthcare Administration, Disaster and Emergency Management, or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Disaster and Emergency Management orequivalent
- Certification in Incident Management Systems (Levels 100, 200, 250), Basic Exercise Design, and Basic EmergencyManagement
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning
- Experience in Disaster RecoveryPlanning
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of Incident Management Systems and Incident ActionPlanning
- Able to craft exercises and drills that challenge and verify hospital emergencypolicies andprocedures
- Understanding daily and emergency hospital and healthcareoperations
- In-depth knowledge of pandemic and business continuity planning is required toensure critical functions are maderesilient
- Confidence speaking in front of front line staff, leadership, and large groups ofpeople
- Possess the writing skills to develop effective reports, assessments, andpolicies
- Able to critically think through to identify gaps, unknown threats and crisessituations
- Capable of successfully handling multiple ongoing projects at the sametime
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessibleemployment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet yourneeds.
To apply for this job please visit shn.njoyn.com.