LRI Engineering Inc
The Intern will be involved with research, development, design, and providing administrative assistance for private and public sector projects. Under the supervision of an assigned Mentor, the Intern will work on a variety of tasks related to Life Safety, Emergency Management and Security Services. This position requires working closely with the Mentor and the department’s consultants to assist clients in the development and implementation of safety plans that satisfy the safety objectives that are required by codes and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct research based on codes, standards and best practices
- Communicate with Clients (i.e. telephone, email and letter)
- Assist consultants when attending client meetings and meetings with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Assist consultants with proposal preparation
- Assist with Fire Safety Plan, Emergency and Business Continuity Plans preparation
- Assist consultants in the research, design, coordination, and facilitation of emergency training, drills, and exercises
- Assist consultants with monitoring evacuation drills and producing reports
- Assist consultants with conducting risk assessments and audits (Security Audits, Threat Risk Assessments, and Hazardous Identification Risk Assessments)
- Travel to client sites may be required
- Currently attending a University or College program related to Fire Safety, Disaster and Emergency Management, and/or Security
- Familiarity with the building/fire/life safety/emergency management and security codes, standards and best practices is an asset
- Technically oriented; good analytical and organizational skills; attention to detail; able to complete tasks and projects in established timelines
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- An individual with high standards who holds themselves accountable
- Versatile and able to manage varying workloads
- A real team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
LRI Engineering Inc. is a Professional Engineering firm that specializes in fire protection engineering and building code consulting. It is the largest engineering firm in Canada that specializes exclusively in these services. The diversified staff at LRI includes experts with backgrounds in fire protection and building code consulting, municipal plans examination and inspection, construction/development, life safety and emergency management, research and development, and fire protection equipment design, manufacturing and testing. Visit lrifire.com for more information.
LRI Engineering Inc. (LRI) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. LRI is committed to principles of employment equity.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lri.bamboohr.com.