Are you looking for an active, entry-level role in Business Continuity and/or Emergency Response? Do you want to work for a safety-first organization that trains from start to finish and invests in your future? Are you available for 8 weeks (May to June, 2020) for an exciting internship? If so, BGIS wants you!
BGIS is looking for committed, curious self-starters who are currently in university or college and who are interested in the world of real estate and facilities management. Facilities management is BGIS’ bread and butter and focuses on how we can maintain buildings through their lifecycle, engage with their tenants and create memorable customer experiences, and make the experience of working in each building as functional and problem-free as possible.
The Business Continuity, Emergency Response Coordinator will support the Manager, Business Continuity and Emergency Response by assist with the maintenance of the program and contributing skillsets learned through their recent educational experience. The Business Continuity, Emergency Response Coordinator will support the implementation of professional practices and provided opportunities to identify improvement opportunities within the program.
|KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Maintain Business Continuity and Emergency Response dashboards
- Update the action logs
- Maintain of team site (Intranet Page)
- Manage access to distribution lists, tools and systems
- Participate in weekly CAB (Change Action Board) meetings
Business Continuity and Emergency Response Programs
- Assist in maintenance of reports
- Review existing procedures and provide recommendations for improvement
- Support Response and Recovery activities as necessary
- Update Emergency Response Procedures (ERPs) and Natural Weather Mitigation/Response Strategies
- Support ISO 22301 Societal Security Business Continuity Management System certification/ maintenance
- Have an opportunity to design and facilitate business continuity and/or emergency response tabletop exercises
- Have an opportunity to participate in response activations (if applicable)
- Review, facilitate and develop reports on events and exercises
- Keep meeting minutes (i.e. Crisis Management Team Meetings, Management Meetings)
- Maintain Metrics for the Program
- Perform additional tasks related to the organization as needed (as required)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Currently enrolled college or university in Risk Management, Business Continuity, Emergency Management, Incident Command System or equivalent program(s)
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in customer service and/or a corporate office environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, time management and documentation skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Business Continuity Management and Emergency Management practices
- Capability of working on various projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of ISO22301, CSA – Z1600
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- Apply what you’ve learned in school in a real-world business environment
- Coffee chats with senior leaders
- Young Leaders program
- Open-concept office environment
- Flexible working hours
- On-site cafeteria with different options every week
- Foosball table in cafeteria
- Team social activities throughout the internship
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.