Richmond Hill, ON, CA, L4B 4N8 Waterloo, ON, CA, N2L 0A1
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The mission of Information Security Division is to contribute to the ongoing effectiveness of OpenText Corporation (the “Company”) in the accomplishment of its mission and vision. The Information Security Program of the Company provides independent, objective assurance and are designed to add value and improve the Company’s security posture, operations, and systems of Information Technology controls.
The Security Compliance and Disaster Services Directorate provides support for all resilience activities along with Disaster Recovery. This mandate includes facilitating and providing oversight of Business Continuity Planning and Resilience for the Company’s critical operations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk and Resilience, you will work together with the various business lines to identify and plan to reduce the Company’s overall risk exposure. As a result, this position requires you to work across a variety of knowledge areas including Business Continuity, Information Security, Disaster Recovery and Enterprise Risk Management, and Compliance; manage and communicate with stakeholders by growing and delivering consistent, quality expertise in these areas in support of the Company. The position requires flexibility and agility as there are a variety of activities required of this role related to business continuity and resiliency, risk, investigations and reporting that will be assigned.
You Are Great At
Business Continuity and Resiliency Management (80%)
• Contributing to the development and maintenance of the enterprise-wide business continuity management program including: development of tools and instructional guides for both business Continuity planning and event management, development and facilitation of enterprise wide event exercises, relationship management with external vendors, development of corporate policy, standards, and guidelines.
• Gaining an understanding of our key products and services to inform our business continuity program and ensuring business resiliency supporting all products and services
• Developing, facilitating, and communicating enterprise–wide event BCP testing and exercises
• Maintaining and enhancing corporate BCP policy, standards, and guidelines
• Contributing to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the enterprise program remains current and incorporates/aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
• Guiding and directing staff with responsibilities for Business Continuity to ensure their business continuity processes are in alignment with the organization’s business continuity management program and quality standards.
• Supporting Crisis & Emergency Management response (rotationally)
• Providing BCP and Emergency training for global BCP needs including facilitating yearly Corporate-wide Business Impact Analysis.
• Understanding externally imposed regulations and standards and address them through BCP-related initiatives and Business Continuity compliance services.
• Mitigating corporate loss in an emergency and to oversee a planned recovery after a disaster
• Integrating acquisitions into the BCP program as needed.
• Interacting with our customer-facing associates to assess external business continuity customer compliance needs and translating them into internal compliance plans.
• Conducting Business Continuity tests in accordance with customer agreements.
• Representing Business Continuity for all external audits in a relationship management capacity, provides guidance and direction to an assigned clientele (Banking Group and various LOBs) to ensure their business continuity management processes are in accordance with the Banks enterprise wide business continuity management program and quality standards
• Participates in external business continuity management organizations and keep abreast of industry best practices and trends.
• Provide 7/24 event management on-call support as required.
Enterprise Risk (20%)
• Assisting in defining and building an enterprise risk assessment framework and process
• Together with the Senior Manager, Resilience & Risk, synthesizing enterprise information to provide business leadership with an up-to-date understanding of the overall resilience risks affecting the organization
• Facilitating discussions with management to identify and address high priority risks to the Company’s organizational resilience
What It Takes
• An in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of business continuity management.
• Business Continuity Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of BCM standards promoted by BCI and DR and ISO.
• A strong understanding of operational risk and resilience, business process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (COCO, COSO, ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.)
• Solid knowledge of IT and Operations Audit methodology.
• Solid understanding of the Operational Risk Management methodology.
• 5 to 7 years breadth of exposure to operations production and technology environment and/or various LOB environments within the Business Continuity Management industry.
• Reasonable depth of exposure/understanding of Business Continuity Management processes and best practices.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
• Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
• Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation, and reporting.
• Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
• Must participate in ‘on-call’ manager duties (7/24) in support of the BCM Event Management escalation function.
• Post-Secondary Degree
• Industry certification in one or more of the following: CBCI, BCCP, CBCP, PMI, CCSA, CISA, CA, CCSP, ISC, ITIL, etc.
• Preferred in addition to the above: MBA or CA, CMA with operational experience preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act
To apply for this job please visit careers.opentext.com.