Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Enterprise Crisis Management function globally, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Enterprise Crises Management function works as part of the larger global business continuity program, providing direction for overall command and control for events that threaten or impact Scotiabank’s operations. The Senior Manager, Enterprise Crisis Management will work closely with the Director, Enterprise Crisis Management on the creation, management and sustainment of a comprehensive enterprise-wide global Crisis Management program, ranging from program implementation to incident management response.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders across the Bank on the development and implementation of a governance structure that spans the crisis management lifecycle, including the creation of global crisis and business continuity management programs and systems.
- Coordinates and documents end-to-end process flows and playbooks.
- Analyzes and documents current and potential future states with the intent of improving the overall effectiveness of Crisis Management
- Manages projects and initiatives that focus on the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Enterprise Crisis Management function
- Leads and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on processes focused on Crisis Management, with the objective to create an improved end state by:
- Preparing and/or reviewing communication material, including presentation decks, playbooks and status updates, ensuring content is applicable to target audiences and aligns with overall program objectives
- Working closely with the Director, Enterprise Crisis Management, and other members of ECM, to identify special projects that are in line with the strategic objectives of the group and that serve to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Enterprise Crisis Management
- Effectively communicating the status of projects to senior management and providing related guidance as necessary to Fraud groups globally
- Working closely with the Director, Enterprise Crisis Management to help plan for and lead the organization’s response to significant disruptive events. Support the Director in all aspects of the role.
- Working as a collaborative and strategic partner to business lines to increase their preparation for, and ability to manage potential crises that may impact their operations.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Educational/ Work Experience
- 2+ years working in a crisis management function
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing and planning activities related to business impacting crises
- Strong background and experience in project management, program and change management practices
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty; proactively identify and solve complex problems impacting management and business direction
- Ability to prioritize against many competing interests in an environment of constant change
- Have experience and participated in internal and external audits, specifically with regulators
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.scotiabank.com.