The Technical Consultant provides consulting services for private and public sector projects. Under the supervision of senior and intermediate staff, the Technical Consultant will work on a variety of tasks related to Life Safety, Emergency Management and Security Services. This position requires an outgoing individual that will work closely with clients to develop and implement safety plans that satisfy the safety objectives that are required by codes and standards. This role will be primarily focused on supporting the needs of our Ottawa Branch, however you will also provide support on projects with LRI’s Laval Branch as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Project administration
- Client consultation (i.e. telephone, email and letter)
- Attend client meetings and meetings with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Proposal preparation
- Fire Safety Plan, Emergency and Business Continuity Plans preparation
- Attend evacuation drills and produce reports
- Travel as required to client sites
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate emergency training, drills, and exercises
- Conduct risk assessments and audits (Security Audits, Threat Risk Assessments, and Hazardous Identification Risk Assessments)
- Prepare and conduct Fire Warden training
- Assist Finance with project billing
- University/College degree or diploma related to Fire Safety, Disaster and Emergency Management, and/or Security is an asset
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Technically oriented; good analytical and organizational skills; attention to detail; able to complete tasks and projects in established timelines
- Able to obtain government security clearance
- Knowledge of fire protection, life safety, emergency management and security – familiarity with building/fire/life safety/emergency management and security codes, standards and best practices is preferred
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- An individual with high standards who holds themselves accountable
- Confident and able to speak to large groups and train others
- Versatile and able to manage varying workloads
- A real team player
- Ability to establish positive relationships with project team members and Clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle
LRI Engineering Inc. is a Professional Engineering firm that specializes in fire protection engineering and building code consulting. It is the largest engineering firm in Canada that specialized exclusively in these services. The diversified staff at LRI includes experts with backgrounds in fire protection, and building code consulting, municipal plans examination and inspection, construction/development, life safety and emergency management, research and development, and fire protection equipment design, manufacturing and testing. Visit lrifire.com for more information.
LRI Engineering Inc. (LRI) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. LRI is committed to principles of employment equity.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lri.bamboohr.com.