LRI Engineering Inc
The Technical Consultant provides consulting services for private and public sector projects. Under the supervision of senior and intermediate staff, the Technical Consultant will work on a variety of tasks related to Building and Fire Code services including Code application. This position requires working closely with clients to assist with their fire protection and life safety needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Technical Consultant will be asked to provide, at least, the following services to Clients and other staff members:
- Project management and administration
- Client consultation (i.e. telephone, email, and letter)
- Attending client meetings and meetings with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Site review
- Drawing review
- Correspondence preparation (i.e. reports and letters)
- Proposal preparation
- University/College degree or diploma related to Engineering, Architecture, Fire Safety or similar
- Able to obtain government security clearance
- Knowledge of fire protection, life safety, Codes, standards and best practices is preferred
- Technically oriented; good analytical and organizational skills; attention to detail; able to complete tasks and projects in established timelines
- Past experience with fire alarm and/or suppression system design, installation and/or testing is considered an asset
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- An individual with high standards who holds themselves accountable
- Versatile and able to manage varying workloads
- Ability to establish positive relationships with project team members and Clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Obtained or working towards relevant professional designation (i.e., P.Eng., CET)
LRI Engineering Inc. is a Professional Engineering firm that specializes in fire protection engineering and building code consulting. It is the largest engineering firm in Canada that specializes exclusively in these services. The diversified staff at LRI includes experts with backgrounds in fire protection and building code consulting, engineering (mechanical, civil, and chemical), municipal plans examination and inspection, construction/development, life safety and emergency management, research and development, and fire protection equipment design, manufacturing and testing. Visit lrifire.com for more information.
LRI Engineering Inc. (LRI) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. LRI is committed to principles of employment equity.
Only candidates who are selected will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lri.bamboohr.com.